1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Active X information

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Margo, Feb 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Margo

Margo Thread Starter

I have windows 98 and recently I noticed that when I go to windows update I can not get microsoft windows to scan for updates----my computer just sits there. I then went to Symantec to scan for security, the system says "Please note that the following checks were not able to complete because they require Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.0 or higher with ActiveX and Scripting enabled:

Antivirus Product Check
    Virus Protection Update Check
    Why these checks did not complete for you:
    ActiveX support may be disabled in your browser settings or you chose not to download the ActiveX control".

Now, I have gone into Internet Options and changed every thing to default and ran the scan again and made sure that the Active X is enabled but still nothing, and can not figure it out. Also, when I receive sales ads that I need to open I have noticed that some open and some don't.
    Can you help?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!