1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

active x

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by wholesaletex, Jul 13, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wholesaletex

wholesaletex Thread Starter

every time boot reboot or turn on my pc i get a message saying

Your current security settings prohibit you from running active x on this page as a reult this page may not display properly.

Is this something i actually need on my computer if so can you tell me step by step (plain english please im a newbie) how to activate it if i dont need it can you tell me how to take it off so the message will no longer appear also step by step plain english (im a newbie)

additional info i dont for sure but it seems that ever this started i have trouble downloading certain things or they dont download all the way or correctly please he;lp

2. Blink182

Blink182 Banned

Howdy,

Welcome to TSG. What your error suggests is that your Active X settings are too high. To resolve this issue please do the following:

1. Open up Internet Explorer > Click Tools > Internet Options.
    2. Click on the Security Tab.
    3. For each of the following, change the setting to Default Level, by clicking Default Level down the bottom:

INTERNET
    LOCAL INTRANET
    TRUSTED SITES
    RESTRICTED SITES.

Note: If you are not sure how these settings got changed, you most likely are infcted with Spyware etc. If you think this please download Hijack This from here and post a log in the Security Forum <--.

I hope the above solves your problem.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/483048

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice