1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ActiveX controls to be enabled

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by *SNAFU, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Gmail requires ActiveX controls to be enabled

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I get the following message from gmail when I try to send out an email message.... I've followed their instructions but still have the problem and can't get to any gmail customer service for help. Is there any way to correct this problem? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Herb.

Gmail requires ActiveX controls to be enabled

Your browser seems to be Internet Explorer, and ActiveX seems to be disabled. Gmail's standard view requires ActiveX to be enabled in order to operate.

To use Gmail's standard view, enable ActiveX controls in Internet Explorer. You can do this by going to the Tools menu, selecting Internet Options, Security tab, Internet zone, and either select the Default Level, or selecting Custom Level and scrolling down to "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins" and selecting Enable. (it was enabled already)

After enabling ActiveX controls, try again. (I did, no luck)

To use Gmail's basic HTML view, which does not require ActiveX, click here.

My PC Specs

2. Saga Lout

Saga Lout

After clicking Enable, did you OK your way out of both the forms? Sounds silly, I know but the change wouldn't take unless you did. Have you tried their basic HTML View?

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Hopefully, you're not using Internet Explorer 6 and have upgraded to Internet Explorer 7 or 8.

Go into Tools - Internet Options - Security, then set all 4 zones to "Default Level", then click Apply - OK. Close and then reopen Internet Explorer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

4. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Thanks SL for your response. Did the OK on both forms previously and again after your suggestion with no luck. Also tried the basic HTML View. The basic HTML brings in my received email but doesn't allow me to connect to links for some reason...

5. Harbir

Harbir

Hi Ya, Could you add the site in the trusted sites (it would allow all the default setting), also in the customer level enable all the active X options.

6. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Flavallee...I'm using IE8. Did what you suggested but no luck.Thanks for your information though...

7. *SNAFU

*SNAFU Thread Starter

Harbir...The default settings were all set, no luck. ActiveX options enable, again no luck, Thanks though...

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919978