ActiveX Controls? Websites being blocked... Can't access my online classes...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Capnbob

Every now and again when I try to open a website a bar comes up in internet explorer that says "Internet Explorer has restricted this file from showing active content that could access your computer. Click here for options." Then I right-click and select "Allow blocked content." and then the site refreshes again and the same thing just happens again.

I wasn't very concerned about this for the longest time but now I have an online class and it's homepage is being blocked by this problem.

Any suggestions are much appreciated.

-Bobby

1. Try going to your "Tools" menu, then click on "Internet Options"
2. Click on the "Security" tab
3. There should be a green icon with a checkmark that says "Trusted Sites"
4. Click on it, then click on the "Sites" button.
5. In the "Add this Web site to the zone:" box, put in the address for the website you're going to.

Click "Ok" then "Ok" again to exit out. Try going to the site again.

If that doesn't work, follow the first three steps above once again. Then:
6. Towards the bottom of the Internet Options window, there should be a button that says "Custom Level". Click on it.
7. Near the top of the options, there should be a section for "ActiveX controls and plug-ins". You can try playing with different settings in here. I'm not sure specifically what one it will be, but I'm guessing it's the first one that says "Automatic prompting for ActiveX controls". Try changing that one first.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online