1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ActiveX error that will not allow me to access My Computer or Norton

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Tamryne, Feb 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tamryne

Tamryne Thread Starter

Whenever I try and open My Computer or My Documents, this error box opens up and says that "your current security settings prohibit ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly." Well, nothing displays at all. The same thing is happening with Norton and RealRhapsody, whenever I access them they pop up with the same box, so Norton is completely inneffective at finding out what is happening and RealRhapsody won't work. Help!

2. Old Rich

Old Rich

Sounds like spyware or a trojan . . start with download, update and run these two . . you might also want to google "Stinger" and run it

wrs

3. Tamryne

Tamryne Thread Starter

I have already run Ad-aware, Panda somethingorother, Trend Micro, Mcafee's freething, and Spybot. Il try Stinger to see how well that works next.

thanks!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!