1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad-aware 6.0

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by GoJoAGoGo, Feb 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    Has anyone tried Ad-aware 6.0 yet? Is it a good problem worth trying out?

2. $teve

$teve

yep......as good if not better than ever............run along side spybot;)

3. buckaroo

buckaroo

I REALLY like version 6. I stopped using version 5.83 and switched to Spybot instead. Now I have both and use both. :)

4. TOGG

TOGG

Yes, it's worth trying.

However, it needs a lot more setting up than the old version did so I recommend you visit the Lavasoft forum; http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/
    and check out the various postings about installing and configuring AA 6.

If you have v 5.83 you should uninstall it first and read the Help files with v 6 carefully if you decide to try it.

Also, if you don't already have Spybot and are interested in having as much protection as possible against spyware, check it out here; http://security.kolla.de/

5. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

It is a good program, possibly easier to get people to use on the forum, but I am stuck on Spybot now, so I will not keep both personally.

If you run both, and find lots of spyware in Zip files (if you search archives) remember they are just Spybot backups and you can purge them.

6. mViOkPe

mViOkPe

I'm an SSD supporter and I too would suggest using both. A couple of suggestions tho;
    In all malware scanners, you should always double check each item found to be sure detection is not a false positive. Many are being reported but that is not unusual for a brand new upgrade.
    Second, if AA finds any LSPs (WebHancer, NewNet, CommonName, etc.), I would suggest you defer to SSD.

It can't hurt to have both as a double check.

7. GoJoAGoGo

GoJoAGoGo Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    OK, thanks for all the replys. I presently use spybot and after all the positive fedback I got about Ad-aware 6, I'll go ahead and give it a try and run it along with spybot.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice