ad aware 6.0

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

pabailie

I have used ad-aware 6 for some time now, and found it to be good. But recently I notice that 1) it fails to detect any spyware, whereas it used to find some nearly every day and 2) the updating function has ceased to function. I have uninstalled and re-installed, but the problem remains. I have e mailed lavasoft, but got no response. All advice gratefully accepted.

Do you have build 181, or an older one? It sounds like you are no longer able to use the reference file updates, which are coming fast and furious ... hence my suspicion that you have an old build. Look at the lower right corner of the start screen when you launch the program.

pabailie

Unfortunately its the latest version, downloaded fresh from the lavasoft website.

Glad to see a Winchester fan!

What is the current reference file you have installed? That will also appear on the start screen, somewhere in the middle.

pabailie

The current reference file was about 10 days old; I managed to manually install a new update from the lavasoft website using the instructions there. The wierd thing is that when I tried manual installation in order to install the latest file, it failed to update and at that point I decided to re-install the whole program again, using a fresh download from the website. It installed fine, but wouldn't update at all, not even manually. So, I have temporarily uninstalled the program until I can get this issue sorted out.

I use spybot S&D as well, which seems to be running ok, but it also no longer finds any spyware on my machine, even though it is present (the free online spyware scanners point it out).

FYI, the machine has Norton AV running and updates daily - but the auto-update feature ceased functioning too...But manual updating is fine.

I have had spywareblaster and spywareguard on the machine in the past, but I uninstalled these to see if they were conflicting with Adaware or Spybot.

Any ideas?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online