Ad aware and McAfee conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

doman4

I am trying to install McAfee internet security suite 2007 and it cant fully install because I have Ad aware se installed. I can not get ad aware to uninstall to finish the McAfee installation. Any suggestions? Thanks

I ran into the same thing a while back. I think what I did was exit out of the McAfee install, uninstall AdAware and reinstall McAfee.

What happens when you try to uninstall AdAware?

doman4

I get a message that says could not open INSTALL.LOG file. I followed the help on the ad aware site, and not of the suggestions got rid of it. Thank you.

doman4

I followed these instructions and still got the could not open INSTALL.LOG message.

doman4

It does nothing when I try to open the unregaaw.exe folder. It wont open or run.

doman4

I have AVG also, just like some of the McAfee features too. I got it figured out. Thanks to those who helped.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online