1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad- Aware blocks some websites

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Mercury953, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Mercury953

Mercury953 Thread Starter

I ran Ad-Aware SE and now I cannot access some websites through Internet Explorer that I could access easily before. I can still access them through AOL, so the sites are not down. Any ideas what Ad-Aware did to me?

2. sekirt

sekirt

I don't use Ad Aware but I am sure it makes back ups. Undo them and see if that was the problem.

sekirt

3. Mercury953

Mercury953 Thread Starter

I uninstalled it and deleted the folder, and that didn't help, so it must have altered a setting in Internet Explorer

4. iOXeR

iOXeR

I have had problems similar to this, where if some spyware is removed, some things in IE won't work. I was watching a show a while back, and on it they said that sometimes spyware messes with your Internet/Network settings. I used Spybot-Search and Destroy to get rid of any remaining spyware, plus it fixed the internet connection. I hope this helps.

5. Lena

Lena

I have used both Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D for a long time and NEVER had a problem with either program affecting what websites I could access. I think the finger should be rotated 180 degrees.

6. Fidelista

Fidelista

There was a time when an earlier version of Adaware had some issues , but not recently , with SE. I think I would look to other causes.
    Maybe something that you did on the same day? some other security download?. I am not aware of Adaware making changes in Internet settings , but it would be smart to make sure they are set to default , and then go from there. Wished I could be of more help. >f

7. Fidelista

Fidelista

Check in internet options ---restricted sites, in other words , look to Internet options (security} for an answer.>f

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice