1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad-Aware for my freeze ups!!!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Carobbean, Jan 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Carobbean

Carobbean Thread Starter

I should change my name to "confused"....I have been told by you guys to install Ad-Aware..so like a good girl I am attempting to do as I am told...Have downloaded ...all seems to be ok..went to Start-Programs-Ad-Aware 5.62 to see what to do next..it tells me I should have icons in my start menu..all I have is Ad-Aware-ad-aware 5.62 or Ad-Aware Manual or Read Me...so how do I configure/scan etc??????? Perhaps I should just go to bed!!!!!!

2. buf

buf

You "should" be able to tap Start/Programs/Adaware and then tap Adaware and you should be on your way. After it has finished, just close it with a click on the X in upper right corner.
    Let us know your results and good luck.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Click the red adware 5.62 icon in the start menu. Ad-aware should run. Configure it to scan all drives on which you have installed programs, the registry (deep scan) and memory. When it stops, check the items to remove. Then click the "make backup" tab and have it finish. Reboot and run a second scan to see if anything remains. Sometimes it is necessary to run it twice to get everything.

4. Carobbean

Carobbean Thread Starter

Thanks to both of you for your prompt replies...I was'nt looking for the obvious!!
    Sem to have it figured, will do more reading to see exactly how it should be configured! Thanks!!!!!!!!!( youve both saved me from pulling out several chunks of hair!)

5. buf

buf

Am happy for you and tomorrow your hair brush will also be thankful. Rollin' Rog is a lot more detailed than I am when giving instructions but then he, beyond a doube, knows more than I.:D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64226

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice