1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad-Aware Problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by puppypaws, Nov 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

I have the free Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.06 and it has been trouble free. My friend got their first computer (they are in their 70's) and it had the 2007 version of Ad-Aware free edition installed. I ran a scan to teach them how it was used and when it got to 91,000 items scanned it stopped and would not move, I finally ended up ctrl-alt-delete to end the task. I tried once again and the same thing happened, is there a problem with the 2007 version and if so is there someway to remove it and install the 2006 version?

Thanks for any help I receive,
    Reid

2. golferbob

golferbob

3. puppypaws

puppypaws Thread Starter

Yes, I saw that, also wondering if anyone else has seen problems with the 2007 version.
    I suppose I can strip everything out that has anything to do with the 2007 version and use the link provided to reinstall the 1.06 version.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

Is it on Vista? There appear to be some unresolved bugs in 2007 related to the GUI. In Vista, you can get around it by right-clicking the shortcut and choosing to disable Desktop Composition for compatibility. The machine will then switch out of Aero when 2007 is run.

In XP, you might try using the Compatibility tab to turn off the theming of 2007.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/648698

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice