Ad-Aware restarting PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gooner_47

I am running XP, and every time I try running Ad-Aware 6 personal build 162, my PC restarts - I have tried right-clicking on my computer, then advanced, settings and unchecking the "Automatically restart" box to no avail.

Has anyone got any ideas? Thanx in advance

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
hi, AdAware has come out with several new versions since that build> I am using AdAware SE personal edition v. 1.04. The latest final release seems stable and not too many problems are being found that I am aware of.

I think you would have a lot better luck with the newest version. You should uninstall the older copy first.
May ask you about the plugins / addons when you uninstall, I would not keep them as there are newer ones available for the new version, especially the VX2 plugin which you should have.

http://majorgeeks.com/downloads31.html

Download the plugins here: I have tried the VX2 plugin from majorgeeks and it would not install...but the one from Lavasoft worked great.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/software/addons/

The setting directions are a lot simpler than before: Just update the program before you run a scan.

LDTate said:
Ad-Aware FULL SCAN:

Install the program and launch it.

First in the main window look in the bottom right corner and click on Check for updates now then click Connect and download the latest reference files.

From main window :Click Start then under Select a scan Mode tick Perform full system scan.

Next deselect Search for negligible risk entries.

Now to scan just click the Next button.

When the scan is finished mark everything for removal and get rid of it.(Right-click the window and choose select all from the drop down menu and click Next)

Ad-Aware 6 personal build 162 is quite out of date ... it was replaced by 181, which has been replaced by the second generation scanning in Ad-Aware SE. As Byteman said, the current version of SE is 1.04 ...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts