Ad-Aware SE 1.04 Now Available

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

winchester73

Announcing the next build of Ad-Aware SE 1.04

1.04 contains some updates, changes and minor corrections.
For more details please see the changelog below.

It is essential that you always use the latest build and definition file.
To download build 1.04 please use the same download location or link you have used to download previous updates.

Changelog for Ad-Aware SE 1.04
----------------------------------------------------

Updates:
- Minor graphical GUI changes/updates.
- Additional textual changes and updates to GUI and Manual.
- Additional support for skinning implemented.
- Several improvements concerning the installer.
- Each Add-on now has it's own helpfile.
- Ad-Aware now uses the default browser to show online content.
- Additional tracking-cookie information is written to logfile.

Changes:
- Ad-Watch no longer blocks IE from running in full screen mode if initiated by the user.
- The context menu in quarantine is now disabled if no items are present.
- Jump To Key now disabled if no path to RegHance is set.
- Changing the location for event history will now be rememberd after restaring Ad-Watch.
- Ad-Aware now scans tracking cookies when scanning the text-files in the cookie folder from Explorer.
- Adding alternate data stream details to logfile is now enabled in Ad-Aware SE Personal.
- Listing of modules in logfile is now enabled in Ad-Aware SE Personal.
- Ad-Aware SE Plus will now support the CLP +silent.

Corrections:
- The automatic updating of the definition file on installation will now work on all systems.
- If enabled, "Scan with Ad-Aware" is now removed from Explorer context menu when Ad-Aware SE is uninstalled.
- Corrected an issue where Ad-AWare would not launch from Ad-watch if Ad-Watch was run at startup.
- Corrected an issue with selection of folders for custom scans.
- Corrected an issue where removal of site from the Ad-Watch sites list would not be rememberd after restart.
- Corrected an issue where some string where displayed out of place if running Ad-- Aware using 640x480 screen resolution.
- Corrected an issue where start menu objects were not created on some systems.

This build 1.04 also includes a new definition file (SE1R7 06.09.2004)

New Definitions

--------------------------------------------------------
Win32.Backdoor.Jeemp.ref (1 new variant)
Win32.Backdoor.Optix.ref (1 new variant)
Win32.Backdoor.Padodor.ref (1 new variant)
Win32.Trojan.StartPage.ref (2 variants)
Win32.TrojanClicker.ref (1 variant)
Win32.TrojanDropper.ref (5 variants)

Updated Definitions
404search.ref (1 new variant)
BargainBuddy.ref (1 new variant)
CoolWebSearch.ref (1 new variant)
EzuLa.ref (1 new variant)
Lop.ref (5 new variants)
midADdle.ref (1 new variant)
PurityScan.ref (2 variants)
Rads01.Quadrogram.ref (1 new variant)
Virtumundo.ref (1 new variant)
Win32.Adverts.TrojanDownloader.ref (14 new variants)
Win32.Backdoor.RBot.ref (1 new variant)

Definition File Details
Reference Number : SE1R7 06.09.2004
Internal build : 10
File size : 334604 Bytes
Total size : 1062308 Bytes
Signature data size : 1039594 Bytes
Reference data size : 22202 Bytes
Signatures total : 29277
Fingerprints size : 4655 Bytes
Target categories : 15
Target families : 545

Additional Information
-------------------------------------------------------
You can use Webupdate to install the new reference
file, or download it manually from:
http://download.lavasoft.de.edgesuite.net/public/defs.zip

If you think something needs to be sent to us
for review, visit our submission site at:
http://lavahelp.net/submit/

If you have any questions, please contact us at:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com

Thank I know winchester73.

Some are having problems with v1.04.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...showtopic=44975

Scan ran ok with SE 1.04 all the way tru. But have 98SE and from reading this thread http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?s...showtopic=44975 I am guess that those with trouble all I XP.

I did get " SahAgent " http://www.lavasoftnews.com/ms/display_mai...hp?tac=SahAgent from the scan but I don't it. It picked up this.
Scanning Hosts file......
Hosts file location:"C:\WINDOWS\hosts".
»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»»
Warning!
Bad Hosts file entry:127.0.0.1:runonce.msn.com

So is it bad or a false report? I fixed it once and it only deletes the line 127.0.0.1:runonce.msn.com from the hosts file so there should not be anything bad with it.

He hee then I still had the he Anti-Virus test eicar_com.zip http://www.eicar.org/anti_virus_test_file.htm on my PC still so when the full sacn got to it norton came up when Ad-Aware open the file to scan it. But I know it is ok.

Harry-I am running W98Se and it kept hanging on me. I manually deleted it and downloaded again and the same thing.

Redownloaded 1.03 and going to wait until the problem is fixed.

Sorry to hear that Deke. You also blow a hole in my guess that the trouble was with XP too. :D

Now I did a uninstall first and then picked custom I deleted everything it listed. Even the plug in that it asked you if you want to delete it as it is uninstalling. All I had was a empty C:\Program Files\Lavasoft folder.
In the pass I have done the uninstall with the new version that does the uninstalls of the older version when it installs the new version. But that never deleted as much. So I guess deleting the older version first is better.

Harry-I decided to try one more time with some added info I got from the Lavasoft Forum.

I did and uninstall again and went through the registry and deleted anything with lavasoft or ad-aware in it then shut down all runnin programs including my firewall and antivirus.

Downloaded from Major Geeks and ran the new 1.04 and it went all the way this time.

I tried the new link and still get the freeze up. I'm not sure where to look in the registry for the files to delete. Any help would be great.

Try the download again as it seem they have it fixed as evidenced by this thread.

I would uninstall the version you now have on your pc.

Go to Add\Remove and uninstall it. Then go to Start\Run\type in Regedit\OK\Edit\Find\type in Lavasoft\Find\delete each item it finds by clicking the F3 key until it tells you it has searched the entire registry.

Then repeat the process with the word "Ad-aware".

Then download the 1.04 version again and it should work.

Deke said:
Try the download again as it seem they have it fixed as evidenced by this thread.

I would uninstall the version you now have on your pc.

Go to Add\Remove and uninstall it. Then go to Start\Run\type in Regedit\OK\Edit\Find\type in Lavasoft\Find\delete each item it finds by clicking the F3 key until it tells you it has searched the entire registry.

Then repeat the process with the word "Ad-aware".

Then download the 1.04 version again and it should work.

I got burned when they first brought out the SE version, three builds in three days. I'm going to wait a week before installing this particular build, in case Lavasoft is screwing up again and sending out untested software.
(n)

winchester73

To anyone who has missed it, please see the following announcement.

Ann - Christine said:
Everyone who experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up during a scan, please redownload Ad-Aware (it will still display the same build number - 1.04).

Please note that you only need to redownload if you indeed
experienced Ad-aware 1.04 freezing up.

Pro and Plus users please use the same download link.

Freeware users please use the following mirror.
»www.majorgeeks.com/download506.html

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best regards

Ann - Christine
Team Lavasoft
In the event you experience problems after the re-install, it is most likely because your ISP uses cached pages, in which case, you may need to clear your browser cache and delete your Temporary Internet Files. You could also uninstall Ad-Aware via Add/Remove Programs or the Unwise.exe in the Lavasoft folderSE before downloading the replacement.

Please see this thread for the Change Log for Ad-Aware SE Build 1.04

Just so I (sort of) know what I'm doing...

I uninstall AdAwareSE 1.03 and remove all evidence of it before getting SE 1.04?
Or should I wait for a week to see if there are more updates?

Carolyn :)

Byteman

Gone but Never Forgotten
Hi Carolyn, That is a gray area! You CAN uninstall the older and get the 1.04. The info I read is that there was a glitch in one of the first releases of 1.04 but now it has been fixed....you do need to keep an eye on getting the updates for it if you install the 1.04 as those often fix things....sometimes it is also better to wait a week or so to install a brand new version as bugs are found and fixed...

During the install of 1.04 it will prompt to uninstall your old copy 1.03> if that helps. A popup window tells you about your older version, and asks to uninstall, it does that right then and there if you say OK, and your new install continues on.
There seems to have been...a freezeup during scans with the first release of 1.04 as I am sure you read.

It may have been fixed as it says back in the threads here. I have not gotten the new one yet- but I plan to later this week.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online