1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad-Aware SE 1.05 Now Available

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by winchester73, Sep 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. winchester73

winchester73 Thread Starter

1.05 contains some updates, changes and minor corrections.

It is essential that you always use the latest build and definition file.
    To download build 1.05 please use the same download location or link you have used to download previous updates.

Per Södrén

-Team Lavasoft

2. winchester73

Changelog for Ad-Aware SE 1.05
    ----------------------------------------------------

Updates:
    - Additional parameters for skinning
    - Minor graphical GUI updates
    - Hitrate displayed for tracking cookies on the results list
    - Objects found within archives are displayed using a "zip" icon
    - Nested archives are now scanned recursively
    - Results list information on detected regvalues is now presented in a more readable format.
    - The Object details windows information on detected regvalues is now presented in a more readable format.

Changes:
    - Minor graphical GUI changes
    - GUI improvements concerning language files
    - Ad-Aware will continue scanning archives even after an object has been detected
    - The +log CLP is now supported in Plus
    - Removing URLs from the sites list does no longer require a re-start of Ad-Watch to be put in effect.

This is only a recommended update.

The mirrors for the freeware version will be updated as soon as they can. It is out of the hands of Lavasoft. It is currently available at Help net Security.

For the Plus and Pro version please use the details supplied in your previous notifications. If you can not locate them then contact our support here at the board or through or website at www.lavasoft.de. You NEED to state your reference number to obtain a download link.

Regards,
    Mårten Holmqvist
    Lavasoft

3. RandyG

RandyG

Thanx for the update!!;):D(y)

4. Deke40

Deke40

majorgeeks.com now has the new version up.

5. RandyG

RandyG

I think I'll wait till Tomorrow morning . . . seems everyone is trying to download right now, and download speed down to about 5KB/sec, when it should be about 100 times that!!:rolleyes:

6. Deke40

Deke40

W-73-I have noticed the last two times I have updated it ask me if I want to uninstall the plug-ins and I click no but it uinstalls them anyway.

Do these plug-ins change with the change in version or are they pretty well the same? If so I will hide them out in another folder somewhere then I won't have to reinstall them everytime.

Thanks

PS-Randy-What kind of hook-up are you on to get 500KB\sec, mine tops out at about 360. When I downloaded awhile ago it did so at around only 25kb\sec.

7. RandyG

RandyG

I'm on Eircom's DSL 1MB line, so I miscalculated:eek:

I just tried the Australia Mirror and was getting 96KB/sec till it stopped at 75%:(

so I guess I should have said 20 times faster;)

8. RandyG

RandyG

restarted the download when continue wouldn't work, and received it now!!;):D(y)

9. Deke40

Deke40

I was about to call RR and upgrade to their premium service. :D

10. TOGG

TOGG

I think I'll leave this upgrade until the bugs, if any, have emerged and been dealt with!!

11. hewee

hewee

AdAware SE 1.05

This is a more easy update to do this time. :) So read below on how.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4363.html

So for you who want to try it but are wondering about bugs then just make a copy of the Ad-Aware.exe 1.04 before adding Ad-Aware.exe 1.05 because you can just change back to the 1.04 without doing any uninstall and reinstall.

12. winchester73

Deke ...

Marten is looking into the plug-in issue ...

The plug-ins come automatically with the Professional version, but have to be manually downloaded with Plus or Personal. NONE of them will come with the new Tweak SE add-on ... that will have to be manually downloaded.

On the plus side, the Lavasoft R&D staff is looking into a more efficient updating system ... the webupdate function will soon include software upgrades as well as definition files ... AND, the updater will allow the retention of preferences and settings. It is undergoing beta testing ...

13. Deke40

Deke40

W-73-Thanks for the feedback. (y)

14. hewee

hewee

winchester73,

Well the new 1.05 upgrade sure was more easy to do. :D

15. winchester73

LOL ... :D

Keep the submissions coming ... we'll win the fight against the nasties ... they are no match for the united armies of the light. (y)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275023

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice