Ad-aware SE personal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kalika

Hello, I have a windows 98 2nd Edition and I have Ad-aware SE personal build 1.06r1 as one of my programs. Everytime I go to run Ad-aware SE it always gets hung on this file > c:\$VAULT$.AVG and it just keeps running on that file and wont quit. Its still running on that file right now as I type this and its been an hour already. Is there something wrong with it? Why is it taking so long? Any advice? Thanks.

kalika

I did it and it is still hanging on that folder!! I dont understand. You think I should delete the $VAULT$.AVG folder, then run it, and make another $VAULT$.AVG folder afterwards? Its funny because that folder is empty. Any thoughts?

bassetman

Moderator (deceased) - Gone but never forgotten
I wonder if you could rename $VAULT$.AVG to $VAULT$.OLD and see if that works, and then name it back to $VAULT$.AVG?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online