Ad-Aware

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xfilesgurly

I used Ad Aware on my (month-old) laptop and all if found were two cookies (doubleclick and valueclick - from the IMDB I think), but I've just tried it on my desktop (this has been online since January 1999) and along with 11 cookies, it found:

Started registry scan
======================
CometCursor key:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\comet\
CometCursor key:Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\SharedDLLs\C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\COMET.DLL

Started extended registry scan
===============================

Registry scan result:
Suspicious keys found :2

Already today I deleted VomitCursor :))) from Add/Remove Programs (Didn't actually remember it was on my PC... I think it came with Real Player, I thought I knew better than to download it especially...), so is it safe to delete the registry keys?

Would they still have been spying on me even from behind a firewall?

Thanks.

Grrr there should be rules!!!

yea... it gets attached thru your browser (some does.. cookies ) when surfing. Some come with downloads.

spys are everywhere...lol

Savvy :)

xfilesgurly

So can I delete the Comet Cursor registry keys in Ad-Aware without something scary happening?

xfilesgurly

I already used Add/Remove, I'll delete the keys with AdAware next time I boot up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online