1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad Block

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Jack421, Oct 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jack421

Jack421 Banned Thread Starter

Anyone know a good ad block software or add on that works well with internet explorer, is free and is user friendly? A user guide would also help with said software.:confused:

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

3. Jack421

Jack421 Banned Thread Starter

I should have said free! Thank you though I will take this into consideration on my next payday!

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

The free SpywareBlaster prevents A LOT of ads from loading. I can enjoy a relatively ad free Internet with it. It adds thousands of entries in your Restricted Sites, Blocked Cookies and ActiveX Controls.

For instance, add *.doubleclick.net to your Restricted Sites and block their cookies, and you'll block a large portion of the ads on the Web. Doubleclick.net is owned by Google...

5. maltasama

maltasama

The only free adblocker I was able to find for IE was Simple Adblock. It seems to work pretty well (I don't use IE much, Firefox fan here).

Note there is a special version for IE9.

Hope it works for you!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024894

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice