Ad blocker for IE-based application?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

caliaa

I'm using an application that uses IE as the internal browser, I downloaded Adblockplus, Adfender, Admuncher(?), and others but none of them works-- AT ALL.

I checked and they're all enabled, I restarted everything, etc. Which ad blocker can you recommend for me?

I'm in Peru so that might? be relevant :/

PS. I hate IE.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This internal version of IE does not use the external settings of IE. The ads are most likely coming from the program that provided this internal copy.

I use an family research program that uses a very old version of IE, I have as yet had any issue as those that you are having with it.

Phantom010

Trusted Advisor
An application like Hotspot Shield might require customizing settings in some ad blockers.

caliaa

It's called SDL Studio. It's a Computer Assisted Translation Tool. It uses a plug-in called Web Lookup. That's all I know.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Then I would contact the OEM of this program and see what they have to say about your issues?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts