1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Ad issue

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by Lanctus, Oct 17, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. Lanctus

Lanctus Thread Starter

I do not imagine there is a lot that can be done about this particular issue, but I want it to be on record. Every time I've logged into this site in probably the last week and a half, I get the interactive Toto Washlet Bidet Toilet ad taking up the entire right side of my screen. For the last three-four days, I flag the ad as either "seen this multiple times" or "not interested", and I get the message of reassurance that they will try not to show it. I am still "blessed" with the images of high-powered personal irrigation every log in.

I don't want to see the expressions of people getting an informal colonoscopy by a smart toilet. I'll pay my doctor good money for that eye-opening opportunity. Is there a way to change this?

*I know ads are tailored to the user (if controls are on), but I have them off.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  2. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    I didn't know you could block a particular ad. Do you happen to be in the EU? I wonder if that's a GDPR feature. Anyway, make sure you don't have any settings to block/clear cookies. I suspect they use cookies to keep track of those sort of preferences.

3. Lanctus

Lanctus Thread Starter

Not in EU, but the U.S. I use Chrome for my browser, and Google allows you to close ads (until you refresh the page), with the option of specifying why. My ad protests seem to be falling on deaf ears though, as I keep getting them. First world problems.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you getting the same ones that you have blocked?

5. Lanctus

Lanctus Thread Starter

I was, but after two weeks of consistently closing them, I've started seeing them less. (y)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217980

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice