Ad pop-ups

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DarkDragon

I am just connected to the internet and Ads/pop-ups just flash onto my screen ...I am doing nothing but being connected ...

Good place to start would be to download and run adaware to check for spyware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

If that doesn't fix it go to start/run/type msinfo32 and press enter, go to software environment, expand it, select startup programs, go to edit menu, choose select all, back to edit menu, choose copy, then paste the list of your startup programs back into the thread, maybe someone will see a program that is causing the problem.

DarkDragon

I do have Pop-up killer ...but it waits untill the pop-up window opens then kills it ... So when i am playing Half-life online... the pop-up crashes the game then gets killed ... I just dont understand why it never did it B4 but after i reformated , Then i get all these problems and anoyences.

DarkDragon

Whoever came up with ad-aware ... lol ive had that for a while ...i stopped using it when it froze my comp ... but it seems to be working now ... haha

Turn off you java to stop pop ups.

Also on this site if you have the java off you don't see any ads at all.

I just reload the page with java and there are 10 ads on the page.
That counts the "Sponsored Links About Windows" that are here because they are all click tru links.

Plus it will speed up page loads if the java is off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online