1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ad ware problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cindylou6, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cindylou6

cindylou6 Thread Starter

Could someone please help me. I know very little about fixing computers...but recently found tons of things on my machine (spy ware stuff) I down loaded ad-aware and ran it. Restarted and then ran it again. I can't get rid of some things. I have looked at my start up programs, control panel and got rid of the things I know to be bad. Then I down loaded spybot and ran it. I am having a hard time with it. It is not running right so I can not delete the items it found. What should I do now? Thank you in advance!!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You're in the wrong forum, you should be Security; you'll get much better answers there. But what you need to do is make sure you have updated Adaware and Spybot before running. When you open each program you should see an Update button - this will download all the latest updates for the programs. After scanning with those you can post a Hijackthis Log: http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/downloads.html Don't fix anything in the log, just save it and post it here.

You should also do an online virus scan either at www.trend.com or www.symantec.com to make sure you don't have a virus.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223819

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice