adaptec 4.0 cd burner - How do I burn a cd when the original is more than 700MB

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hotskates

I have Adeptec 4.0 cd burner. I wanted to burn a cd, but, an error message comes up that says it has too much music for the 700MB I want to burn. I can't figure out how to delete a few songs and burn the rest. Please help.

I tried the wizard and deleted 3 songs. I was instructed to copy/burn 16 times back and forth. I went for an hour and thought I was done and then the cd I burned was blank. Another error message came up mentioning that the disc wasn't formatted??? I'm really confused. Thanks, hotskates:confused:

Did you try with Nero? Try with Nero. Use the Cd to Cd Copy option when you're burning the Cd. It should be done without any probz.

Get Nero using this link here - Nero

Try with Nero and get back.

:)

If it is asking about formatting the CD you are in DirectCD and not EZCD, which is where you need to be. DirectCD is packet writing software that lets you drag/paste to the drive in My Computer or Windows Explorer. You can’t do audio with DirectCD. You never format a CD to use in EZCD. If you open the software from the icon in the tray (next to the clock) you have opened DirectCD.

When you insert a blank CD in the burner a wizard should open to ask what you want to do. Select “Audio” and not “Copy”. If you have the audio CD you want to copy in the CD-ROM drive you can drag the tracks you want into the record box. There should be a graph at the bottom of the window telling you how much space you have used. When you select “Record” it should just record the tracks you have chosen.

Another way would be to just open EZ CD Creator from your Start>Programs menu before you insert the CD. The wizard should open that allows you to select audio. It should close the CD for you. You might check it is set to do that before you record. You can’t play the CD until it is closed and you can’t add songs after it is closed.

I think what pvc9 is alluding to is that Nero allows you to overburn where EZCD 4 does not. You can sometimes get the full album on the CD by using the little bit of extra space on your CD. Sort of like getting 25 photos from the 24 shot roll. Unfortunately many of the recorders that date to Adaptec 4 are not capable of overburn – HP and Sony for example.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online