1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adaptec CD creator Error

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by lipshin, Dec 13, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lipshin

lipshin Thread Starter

I forgot the error message it was giving me, but it had something to do that whenever I would copy a CD it would get to track 2 and then would cancell out stating that either the song was going to fast for the cd recorder. It told me to close all applications or do a defragmentation, go to control panel-system- device manager and change the setting but I am computer illiterate when it comes to stuff like this. Can somebody tell me if the CD i am trying to make the one track is too big to copy or something is wrong with the adaptec cd creator. Thanks

2. kitmac

kitmac

Hi,

Not sure about the first part of your problem but it can't be down to the file being too big to burn because EZ CD Creator just won't let you start burning if the file's too big.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards
    Kit

3. Zeferino

Zeferino

Maybe you've already done this, but you might change the write speed. Soem burners have a lot of errors if the are writing too fast. When you get ready to burn the CD (if you're using adaptec) there will be a window where you can choose the speed (8x, 6x, 4x, or 2x) Try clicking on the 2x. It WILL burn slower but if probably WON'T have any errors. I hope this helps you. =0)

4. john_waldrum

john_waldrum

You probably have to many open programs running in the background, putting a strain on your system. Try ctrl-alt-del and end task on everything except explorer and system tray, that might help. I also noticed that it is better to be disconneted from internet when burning a cd, at least for my computer. Also try the above by slowing down the write speed to 2X or 4X. Also you might want to turn off screensavers if set to come pretty quick.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61651

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice