1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adapter problem

Discussion in 'Networking' started by G-thebold, Feb 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-thebold

G-thebold Thread Starter

im trying to set a network up two pcs running win98se using a belkin networking kit there are two ethernet cards in the main pc and one in the other,during setup im told there is more than one adapter and i need to adjust my settings.if i remove an adapter i cant set up my ntl so what does it mean by adjust my settings
    can anyone help?
    thanks G:confused:

2. grybeard22

grybeard22

hi there G
    what they are talking about is that you need to specify what nic card is for what function
    In other words what you need to do to get it set up is go to internet options in the control panel and then click on the connections tab at the top ...once in there go the bottom and click on the sharing tab

there you should see 2 windows listed with a nic card in each one ...one card is used to connect to the modem and one is used to go the the router or the hub and u need to enter the correct one in each window ...thus the reason for the 2 nic cards in the host pc .....if you dont know what one is what you may have to open the case to figure it out

hope that helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118299

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice