Adaware 6 is out

Toddles18

Hey everyone, Just thought I'd let everyone know that Lavasoft released the new version of Adaware. Looks much the same as the old version, but it supposedly has a much better scanning engine.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

They have already replaced Build 160 with build 162. Be sure and get 162.

Oh, great! They hadn't put out any updates in so long, I thought it wasn't being supported anymore, so I went and bought PestPatrol. :( :mad: Oh well, at least I got a good deal on it via Zone Alarm's site. :)

From an ex Manitoban, now in BC' Thanks that was good reading.

I use both Spybot & AdAware6, ran both.

Spybot first, then the new Adaware6, the Adaware 6 found 3 items that Spybot did-not find.

It looks good , i like it.

Rep

Deke -
They have already replaced Build 160 with build 162. Be sure and get 162.
OK...I just D/Led Adaware 6. Does that mean I would have gotten the Build 162? Would somebody please explain the build issue? Is that a version?

TY

Edit - I just checked and I do have "Installed Core Application: 162 Personal". I assume this is the latest and greatest.

Rep
I d/led it today and the build seems to be there already. If you look at the top right there is a globe with it looks like a magnifying glass. Click that to get the latest updates.

Rep

TY N2

Am scanning now. I like the looks of this thing.

I D/Led Spybot a couple of weeks ago. I scanned and it never seemed to end. It would go on for hours if I let it. I know a lot of ppl like it. I would not mind using both. I will have to look at Spybot and maybe it is simply an issue of becoming comfortable with it.

Rep
Spybot updates quite often. Click the online tab on the left and then search for updates on the top. I only get the updates and don't mess with the skins. They are for looks only as far as I can tell.

oops almost forgot then cluck download updates and you are set.

SyscoKid-in my tests, Spybot (free) found almost twice as much as Pest Patrol!

I haven't played with the new AA yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online