1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adaware 6 is out

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Toddles18, Feb 9, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Toddles18

Toddles18 Thread Starter

Hey everyone, Just thought I'd let everyone know that Lavasoft released the new version of Adaware. Looks much the same as the old version, but it supposedly has a much better scanning engine.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

2. Deke40

Deke40

They have already replaced Build 160 with build 162. Be sure and get 162.

3. SyscoKid

SyscoKid

Oh, great! They hadn't put out any updates in so long, I thought it wasn't being supported anymore, so I went and bought PestPatrol. :( :mad: Oh well, at least I got a good deal on it via Zone Alarm's site. :)

4. jakoval

jakoval

5. franca

franca

From an ex Manitoban, now in BC' Thanks that was good reading.

I use both Spybot & AdAware6, ran both.

Spybot first, then the new Adaware6, the Adaware 6 found 3 items that Spybot did-not find.

It looks good , i like it.

6. Rep

Rep

Deke -
    OK...I just D/Led Adaware 6. Does that mean I would have gotten the Build 162? Would somebody please explain the build issue? Is that a version?

TY

Edit - I just checked and I do have "Installed Core Application: 162 Personal". I assume this is the latest and greatest.

7. n2gun

n2gun

Rep
    I d/led it today and the build seems to be there already. If you look at the top right there is a globe with it looks like a magnifying glass. Click that to get the latest updates.

8. Rep

Rep

TY N2

Am scanning now. I like the looks of this thing.

I D/Led Spybot a couple of weeks ago. I scanned and it never seemed to end. It would go on for hours if I let it. I know a lot of ppl like it. I would not mind using both. I will have to look at Spybot and maybe it is simply an issue of becoming comfortable with it.

9. n2gun

n2gun

Rep
    Spybot updates quite often. Click the online tab on the left and then search for updates on the top. I only get the updates and don't mess with the skins. They are for looks only as far as I can tell.

oops almost forgot then cluck download updates and you are set.

10. brendandonhu

brendandonhu

SyscoKid-in my tests, Spybot (free) found almost twice as much as Pest Patrol!

I haven't played with the new AA yet.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice