1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adaware 6 Plus problems

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Flrman1, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flrman1

Flrman1 Thread Starter

I got the new Adaware 6 Plus finally yesterday. Some of you I'm sure are aware of the problem many people are experiencing with logging off in XP.

The deal is that when I go to restart all it does on the first attempt is close adwatch. On the second attempt it restarts fine but when it restarts an open windows explorer window pops up (Lavasoft folder to be exact).

In the lavasoft Forum there has been acouple of posts in attempt to help. I tried this one below but it didn't work (I posted my negative result in lavasoft forum)

The other I tried but am not computer savvy enough to really understand it (learning)

You can check it out at the Link below.

http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/index.php?act=ST&f=21&t=2704&st=40

I kinda thought you Adaware users who are waiting on it might want to know this. I also thought someone else might be able to help me understand this second remedy I posted here. I haven't seen anyone yet in the forum posting what results they had with either one other than myself.

Lavasoft is assuring everone that they are working on a patch.

2. Flrman1

Flrman1 Thread Starter

Oh well my quotes didn't post right.....Long Day!

@all,

As ivo33 has pointed out correctly, the previous startup entries for 5x need to be removed.

Within the Ad-aware folder, you find a file named CODE
    unregaaw.exe

Execute it to remove the auto-start entries and shell extension from 5x AND 6.
    You will have to re-define the startup settings and shellextension for 6 afterwards though.

Sorry, It didn't make it to the manual ;-)

CDreier:
    Ad-aware 6 is continously updated, we try to keep the download version for Plus and Pro as accurate as possible.(That means, whenever it is downloaded it includes the latest versions for all components, including reference- and other support files).
    Updates can be downloaded using the information you received for the upgrade.

Regards,
    Urizen

This is the second workaround that I don't quite follow.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/116004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice