1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adblocker blocks videoplayer from playing

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by Elf1, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elf1

Elf1 Thread Starter

First, I wanna apologize if this topic is in the wrong section, I'm new here so please bear with me.

I'm using a Macbook Pro and was watching a livestream from my favourite football club Ajax like I always do. However while I loaded up the website and got sent to another website, I couldn't watch the game. Only after I turned off my adblocker, called uBlock Origin (installed it because I heard it's the best), the 'play' button appeared and I could start the video.

However, the problem is I keep getting all these ads on my screen and also video ads so I couldn't watch the game. Essentially, I think the adblocker stopped the videoplayer from being played, because after I turned off the adblocker I could watch the game for a minute, before all the ads start.

My question: Is there any solution for this? The livestream site I'm using (I don't know if I'm aloud to post a link so I won't) changed the way they handle adblockers I think, because 2-3 few weeks ago, the stream would play perfectly with adblocker on and without any ads.

EDIT: I tried reading the newbie guide but the page won't load.

2. brooklynboy

brooklynboy

Let me ask you this.. Is this a legal stream? If it is, then email the streamer and they should tell you how to fix the issue.
    If everything is cool, did you update any of the software lately?? Some blockers use a internal list of nasty sites and your streaming site might have made the list

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224294

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice