add data to a dvd+r dl

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

camalus

Hey all :)

I was wonder how, or what program to use, to add data (pictures and files) to a DVD+R DL?
Btw, I'm using Windows XP. Thanks for any help.

You have to start the first burn on the disc as a Multisession so it does not finalise the disc. I only use Nero, which has this facility, but I am sure there are plenty of others.

What exactly are you trying to do? Are you asking how to burn files to a DVD, about how to add files to one already burned, or how to add files to any DVD at any time?

camalus

What exactly are you trying to do?
I'm trying to save a bunch of pictures to a DVD+R DL just as a backup. It's about 7gb of files so I didn't want to try to use CDs, and I had some of these DVD DLs laying around. Just want to be able to save them and transfer them back whenever I need to reformat.

camalus

Thank you, I'll check when I get home. I've used them to burn movies before though, so I'm sure it supports DLs.

OK. Then if you don't have burning software, you should just be able to click on the drive. A window will open and you just drag the files you want to burn into the window. There will be a clear option to burn the files when you are done.

If you want a program to burn with, Infra Recorder is a good, free one that seems to have good compatibility with everything.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Do not use multisession burning. It's very unreliable, and the disk will probably not be readable in all devices. Burn an entire disk at once.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online