Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Add Facebook pages to favourites

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  Nelli0 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I've struggled with this long and hard after Googling. It seems that none of the solutions work for me. 1) I don't have a pencil symbol, 2) If I go to Interests there is no Add interests to click on and c) all the pages in Liked are nothing to do with me.

Public pages are easy, it's the others. For example, the village where I used to live has a FB page but I simply cannot find a way to add it to Favourites. So can somebody please tell me how to do it? It surely shouldn't be so difficult.

#2 ·
be sure to login when opening FB page. login approvals are an added security and FB require a code to tie to a brwser, device/pc.

if a browser has changed, uses private browsing or empty browser info, this will effect logging in. see the official blurb:

After you turn on login approvals:
If you haven't saved the device (ex: computer) or browser you're using, you'll be asked to do so when you turn on login approvals. This way you won't have to enter a code when you log in from any of your recognised devices or browsers. Don't click Save this browser if you're using a public computer (ex: a library computer).

We need to be able to remember your computer and browser information so we can recognize it next time you log in. Some browser features block this. If you've turned on private browsing or set up your browser to clear your history every time it closes, you might have to enter a code every time you log in.
https://www.facebook.com/help/413023562082171/

#4 ·
its a security feature of FB and was introduced back in 2011. i have approved logins as extra security in FB and received a code to tie a machine to my account.

but it also means without logging into my account, i would not see the pencil symbol.

but if this feature has not been invoked then its likely, you'll need to go to:

how to add a link to your Favourites list:
  1. Click Home on the top bar.
  2. In the left menu, find the link you'd like to add to your Favorite's List. If you don't see the link you're looking for, hover over a category name (ex: Pages) and click More.
  3. Hover over the link, click
    and select Add to Favourites.
please see this page for more info on favourites:
https://www.facebook.com/help/232262810142682

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
I did a FB search yesterday and found what I think was the login approval. My browser was there so I assume it's all ok.
As for your instructions above, I've tried that but finding the link is a problem as nothing shows up. I've tried hovering over different things but nothing works.

I tried again and got limited success. I had to save the page I wanted then move Saved into Favourites. That wasn't quite the idea as I wanted the page name listed not Saved.

I'm about to give up. FB isn't that important to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.