1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

add-ins tab does not appear in Office 2007 programs

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by s-mcbrayer, Apr 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. s-mcbrayer

s-mcbrayer Thread Starter

I am trying to use EndNote to automatically insert references into Word documents. I have gone through the entire process of activating the add-in and it now appears under the "Active Application Add-Ins" list that I can access through windows button-----> Word Options--------> Add-Ins. However, no Add-Ins button appears next to the "Home", "Insert", "Page Layout" etc. buttons on the ribbon. I have been able to add the "Developer" button on the ribbon, but cannot access the "Add-In" button. This problem is not unique to Word, the button is lacking from Powerpoint and Excel as well. Can someone please show me how to make this button appear? Do I have to uninstall then reinstall Office 2007 altogether?

2. Zack Barresse

Zack Barresse

Hi there, welcome to the board!

Usually this tab will appear when you have an add-in loaded, either through the addin_install event, or through the file_open event (file being whatever program you're working in) with a recognized add-in extension. I am unfamiliar with the file you've described. Can you tell us how you're using it? What version was this made for? Is there even a UI with it? Is this a dll for all Office applications?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/706595

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice