1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

add monitor to acer aspire laptop

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by pirate12, Oct 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pirate12

pirate12 Thread Starter

I have a Cicero 15'' monitor I can hook it up to my Acer aspire 3000 laptop with standard VGA cable, but now I want to hook up a Dell ultra sharp 17 '' it seem to be loader with things I have never heard of like DVI-D, BSMI , C- TICK , FCC CLASS B , NEMKO , SASO TCO-99 , ETC . I think it has 2 USB and 2 HDMI. try to hook it up with the VGA cable I have But it wouldn `t work . Can some one guide me .Iam trying to sell both monitor , I need to be able to demontrate they work Thank YOU..Dave

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Dave, and welcome to TSG.

Check if the Dell monitor has any buttons for activating an on screen menu that allows you to choose which input it should use.

If you need further assistance, it would help us to help you if you told us the exact model number of the Dell monitor.

3. pirate12

pirate12 Thread Starter

Thanks but its working today the cable wasn`t contected correctly .
    Thank You for a quick reply

4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Chuck
    You're welcome.

Can you please mark this topic as being solved.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!