1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Add-on Removal

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by stevecook, Mar 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. stevecook

stevecook Thread Starter

Does anyone know how I can disable an add-on from Internet Explorer?
    When I try it says this add-on is being controlled by my administrator, although there are no logons or passwords, accounts, groups etc set on this PC.

2. cgesicki

cgesicki

3. stevecook

stevecook Thread Starter

Thanks, I checked the registry and the restrictions folder doesn't exist for current user or local machine.
    Also the 'do not allow users to disable add-ons' policy is not configured in group policy.
    The add-on itself has a registry entry set to a value of 8, which I changed to 0 but this made no difference so I changed it back again.
    Would removing the registry entry for this add-on altogether cause any other problems?

4. cgesicki

cgesicki

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/448136

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice