1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Add-ons for multiple browsers

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by kenneth7379, Oct 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenneth7379

kenneth7379 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ken
    I'm running two browsers, Internet Explorer and (recently added) Mozilla Firefox. I'd like to know if programs I've purchased and loaded into IE will be active on both browsers, or do I need to load them onto Firefox as well. The programs in question are Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and Sammsoft Advanced Registry Organizer. I also need to know if the Microsoft Security Essentials system that I activated on Internet Explorer is automatically active for both browsers, or do I need to dial it in on Firefox?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3293 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset, 256 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 456355 MB;
    Motherboard: MSI, G41M-P23 (MS-7592)
    Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

None of those programs have anything to do with your web browsers.

Uninstall Sammsoft Advanced Registry Organizer. It will only cause problems.

3. kenneth7379

kenneth7379 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Ken
    Thanks for your response, DoubleHelix. I'm curious why you recommend uninstalling the Sammsoft ARO. When I first installed it three years ago, it made a huge difference in how fast my computer ran. Since I run it frequently now, the effect isn't as noticeable, but if I neglect to use it for a couple of weeks, the computer's performance seems degraded. I'm not questioning your suggestion as you obviously know heck of a lot more about this stuff, but I'd like to understand what is negative about using ARO. Thanks.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

All registry optimizers are bad. They cause more problems than they solve. Count yourself lucky that you haven't had a problem yet. You will. And then you'll need to reinstall Windows.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1072071

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice