Add printer and driver not working

kyawswar

Help me please!
how to solve can't add printer ,can't add printer driver and can't install the driver software(canon lbp 2900) ?
i'm tried print spooler stop and start but not working in my computer windows 7 32bit. you can see attached files
thank you very much all

Attachments

Hi kyawswar, Are you using a standard Windows account or Administrator? You may also want to ensure that the correct driver is installed for your printer and is up to date. If you are using a standard user account, please switch to an administrator account to add a printer. What is the make and model of your computer such as HP, Dell Leveno and so forth?

If your printer is connected to your monitor and its not wireless, please check the cables to ensure that they are connected securely and properly and the printer is turned on. If your using a wireless printer, please check to ensure the printer is turned on and is detected online and securely plugged in the outlet.

You can try accessing your manufacture's (Hardware model of computer) to scan and detect your system model and will provide a list of drivers on the web page that are compatible with your computer and available for download.

Next, you may want to try left clicking the printer set up and select the properties tab and check to make sure the instillation is not blocked for security reasons. If it shows that the application is blocked, just click unblock, click okay and try the instillation again.

If that doesn't work you can try the search bar that is near the start menu and resembles a magnifying glass. Once you open the search type the word run to locate the run box. Type services.msc and navigate to printer services and double click the service. Please check to ensure the service is running ( not disabled) and automatic for the start up type. Your computer's printer service must be set up to run automatic in order for your computer to detect and install printers successfully. If you want to do this manually you can set the service to run manually by selecting manual in the drop down menu for the start up type. If you decide to do this manually you will need to type the printer model version and set of numbers (If any) and click add printer. Just follow the directions that the printer wizard that will walk you through the steps.

After setting up your printer, you may also need to check the hardware and device properties in the control panel to ensure your computer detects your printer model. If it is detected you will see your printer version. Please right click the printer you want to use and select set as default printer from the drop down menu.

If none of the above methods work, your printer may be an older version that is not compatible with the latest operating system and may not be detected. Many newer operating systems only contain USB 3.0 devices and may not detect USB 2.0 devices. To check the type of USB your operating system detects, please use the search that is shaped like a magnifying glass and type the word control panel. Once you click control panel please click system and security. Next, click system. On the left top corner select "Device Manager". Next, navigate to "Universal Serial Bus Controllers". Please view where it says "USB Root Hub". If it says USB Root Hub 3.0, and your printer is an older printer, it may be using an incompatible USB cable "USB 2.0".

If your printer is an older printer that uses USB 2.0, you may need to purchase a new printer that uses USB 3.0. If you decide to purchase a new printer, please read the specifications that should be somewhere in the side of the box that reads "Supports USB 3.0".

If you need additional assistance I can to provide screen clips for each step. please respond and let me know, and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Thanks for reaching out to us here at TSG!:)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online