add remove display no list after reinstall windows

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

flash1918

I had to reinstall windows and repairs were fixed but control panel add remove does not show the listing of all the programs. I do ahve a utility called cleaner that has an uninstall feature that still works but like windows better because it shows how big the program size its.
How do i fix add remove so it will list the programs?? I looked throgh hundrens of links in windows soulutions and gave up after an hour or more looking at all the listings:

flash1918

no programs show up in the box. However; ccleaner show them all and add remove works in that utility. It is weird that reinstall of xp would wipe out the display of the programs in add remove window.

Restoring them would involve a possible great deal of work on the registry. It's possible that they don't show there due to a single corrupted installation. If they show up in Ccleaner and MyUninstaller, you may be better off just using those tools to remove programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online