add remove program

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

greenbug

I have a program in add remove that I would like to remove but, can't. The message I get is -The system can't find the file- I removed the program some time ago but, can't get it out of add remove.

Thanks Bug

Go to start>run. Type in regedit. Navigate to ....
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
CURRENTVERSION
UNINSTALL

Scroll down to the entry you want to remove. Right click>delete.

Debe

greenbug

The program is Kazaa Desktop 2.0. Found some of it under software deleted it. It was not listed under uninstall. The program is still in add remove.

Thanks Bug

greenbug

Ok thanks to MTBIRD-DEL-BRIRDLE for the help will try tweak ui tomorrow. Used to use AskMe.com until they shut down. I like this place a lot more. Just downloaded pop-up stopper which I found while looking around this site.

Thanks Bug :D

greenbug

Ok brindle TweakUI removed it from add remove. Just downloaded TweakUI today. It looks like I could get into trouble in there. Would this help remove something from active desktop-background where you select a background from? Could this make a repair in Microsoft Word?

Thanks again
Bug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online