1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Add/Remove Programs list

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by beaglehound, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. beaglehound

beaglehound Thread Starter

There are a number of programs that I see on the Add/Remove Programs list. Most of these I understand their purpose and why I need them. Can anyone comment on the following and whether or not I really need these:

1.RichFX Player
    2.Microsoft Net Meeting 2.11
    3.Internet Client 2.4

Any help would be appreciated.

Beaglehound

2. BillC

BillC

1.With the RichFX Player, you can view highly compressed 3D, animation, and computer-generagted video. RichFX media bring all the sights, sounds and feelings of the real world to the Web across almost any connection speed. This newest version offers you an array of existing 3D content."

2.Using your PC and the Internet, you can now hold face-to-face conversations with friends and family, and collaborate with co-workers around the world. To learn more about NetMeeting 3, choose from the following topics. It is like AOL's AIM.

3.Transer files with this FTP client for both advanced Web developers and novice users. RobustFTP is a FTP client for Windows that lets you update a Web site with a single click and resume interrupted downloads or uploads.

That is the result of a search; do these sound familar to you?

3. Moby

Moby

"With the RichFX Player, you can view highly compressed 3D, animation, and computer-generagted video."
    If you just type it into a search engine ther's loads of info on it.

Netmeeting is a standard windows programme for talking to and seeing people if you have webcams

and someones beaten me to the last one :D

4. beaglehound

beaglehound Thread Starter

Bill/Mobey:

Thanks guys. It's unlikely that I'll make use of any of those particular programs. I haven't yet and don't see a need in the near future.

Question: If I delete these programs can I retreive them(should I decide to use them later) by re-installing them from my Windows 98 CD?

Beaglehound

5. Moby

Moby

Only the net meeting one is on the windows cd.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Beaglehound:

Get rid of NetMeeting. MSN Messenger is much better for chatting and video conferencing. (y)

If I recall correctly, if you try to use NetMeeting, it'll direct you to MSN Messenger anyway.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170862

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice