1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Add/Remove Programs Trouble!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Simpletown, Sep 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Simpletown

Simpletown Thread Starter

I upgraded a computer that was running Win98 2nd Edition, to XPHome. In the process it seems it curropted the "Windows Installer", therefore disabling any ability to uninstall programs, which I really need to accomplish.

I am saving resinstalling WinXP for a last resort becuase the first time I installed it, it took 5 hours, literally.

2. BillC

BillC

Maybe you want to install a stand alone uninstaller. I've never used it, but I understand Smart Uninstaller found here is a good one and it is freeware.

Will that help?

3. Simpletown

Thanks, I'll try that, I never thought of that.

4. Simpletown

That particular program didnt seem to work, know of any others I could try.

It doesnt detect the Kodak program as installed..., but the program runs and is detected by Windows.

5. boyoh53

boyoh53

:) Try this one, you will find it in google, Adrmpro2.exe and it is clean. ;)

6. Simpletown

Thanks, I will.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164568

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice