Add/Remove Programs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KeithKman

I tried to delete a program, but it just removed it from the add/remove program list. I then went to search and searched for the file and when I try to delete the file it says I am just deleting the shortcut and not the program, I need to go to add/remove programs to delete it. Well it isnt in add/remove programs, so how do I delete it?

If the shortcut is still in your Recycle Bin, then you can look at the properties of it and see where it is pointing to. If that file still exists, delete that entire folder. You may want to use a registry cleaner to remove orphaned entries as there may still be registry keys for that application even though you "removed" it. Also, it may have been removed when you did the remove in Add/Remove Programs and only the shortcut you created was left as it was not part of the original install and therefore would not be removed by the uninstall.

KeithKman

So I delete C:\Program Files\program and then go to regedit and delete it from there, right?

You might want to check out a cool utility called RegCleaner to remove programs thoroughly. Go to jv16.org to download the newest version.

Another option would be to reload the program and do the deletion safely from safe mode,but the JV 16 suggestion will work just fine as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online