1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Add/Remove programs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by kenray1, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenray1

kenray1 Thread Starter

In Windows XP when I look at add/remove programs I will have a group of programs listed then a big blank space another group of programs listed then another blank space. What is happening?How can I get all of my programs to be listed together?

2. PC_Wiz

PC_Wiz

The issue has to do with a broken link in the registy were a program has been already removed from your computer, but left behind an entry in the registy under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall.

You can go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall and see if there is a reference to a program that is not longer present and remove it (make sure to backup the registry) or another option that may work is to download a 3rd party utility - ex: http://www.aurelitec.com/software/arplus/ (never used it but you can try)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223134

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice