Add/Remove Question?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

patric333

I have 2 versions of Macromedia Flash Player...
1. Macromedia Flash Player
2. Macromedia Flash Player 8
Do I need to have both of these versions installed ? I also have Macromedia Dreanweaver MX 2004 & Macromedia Extension Manager installed on my computer.

I also have 2 versions of Microsoft .NET Framework
1. Microsoft .NET Framework
2. Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB886903)
I understand that the Hotfix is a update but I was curious to know if I need both of them installed? Thanks in advance..

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You likely have Macromedia Flash Player versions 7.0.19.0 and 8.0.22.0. It doesn't hurt anything having both versions.

Microsoft .NET Framework actually has 2 versions - 1.1 SP1 and 2.0. You apparently haven't installed 2.0 yet. It doesn't hurt anything having both versions. If you install 2.0 and then uninstall 1.1 SP1, it'll probably appear in the Windows Updates list again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You could always uninstall both Flash players and then pick up the latest one the next time you visit a Flash site. :)

patric333

JohnWill, flavallee,
Thank you for your help..sorry for not responding sooner. thanks again

kidcnote

Banned
JohnWill said:
You could always uninstall both Flash players and then pick up the latest one the next time you visit a Flash site. :)
Speaking of extra downloads, I saw this Adobe update the other day and heres what I have now after updating http://www.pixpond.com/1/18x4syg.jpg I guess it's alright to leave them as there not taking up much HD space..and this other thing below is when I got my new Creative X-Fi card I tried to uninstall the DFX as it conflicted with my X-Fi settings and I keep getting this error message.. http://www.pixpond.com/1/18x4syg71.jpg Any Ideas on how to get this DFX off my puter ?? I went into the registry and deleated the DFX entry but still can't get rid of these DFX entries in my "Uninstall". As always TIA

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online