1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

added email account but can't open

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by joyrob1053, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joyrob1053

joyrob1053 Thread Starter

I added an email account to my husband's laptop Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 (he's on Vista) so that he could view work emails at home. It seemed successful and shows up when I press the "send receive" button with a drop down menu. However when I go to the new email account and press "inbox" a dialogue box flashes up very quickly and I can't even read what it says! I tried changing the profile settings to "prompt each time you open" but it wanted me to go through the whole new account installation thing again - which took me ages! Am I going to have to do that all over again?

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Does his work have outlook anywhere option or does he have a webmail option, he should be asking at work what options to access email when not on site.

Is he connecting to his work network via vpn before checking email?

3. joyrob1053

joyrob1053 Thread Starter

He works for himself so access shouldn't be a problem and he's not using a work network. I simply added another account (his work email address) to his private account at home.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice