1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

added second hdd and now this problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by scanner, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scanner

scanner Thread Starter

The rig is a HP 8275 pavilion, with win me and it was running just fine before I did this:... I added a( unformatted with w98se in it from another rig )small 5 gb hdd WD and set to slave , the cable is also connected as a slave,and I rechecked everything before booting ,then I fire it up, and here is what is happening: the boot sequence indicated that all the hardware and the installed hdd as slave and the splash win me come in for a second and the next it ask to boot in a safe mode and when I go for it, it won't go in safe mode, but return to the option for safe mode again, and in I have tried the normal mode and there too ,is the same on and on, it won't boot to windows or safe or normal at all. So I went back and disconnected the added WD drive ,( now the rig is back to the factory hardware set up ) and the same exact problem, the rig is booting to safe mode option, but no safe mode, ps: I have made the win me EBD before I started this. I like this rig altho it's slow, and a Hp, but it has been dependable and with very few quirks, how can I fix this " inconsistency" thanks a billion!:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112448

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice