1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adding a new 128 memory card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rosepetal, Sep 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rosepetal

rosepetal Thread Starter

Hi All,
    I have an older Premio 200F computer, think thats what model it is not sure.

Only had 64mb of memory,2-32mb cards . I purchased a new 128mb card. These are all DIMM cards.

When I installed the 3 cards the Performance only showed 96mb.
    I moved the cards around to all the sockets and still 96mb.

Now I have one 128mb card and one 32mb card= 160mb of memory.

Looking at documentation of the premio computer I should be able to have
    256mb of memory.
    There are a total of 5 sockets, 3 DIMM, and 2SIMM
    Anybody have any ideas that would help me with this problem??

Windows 98se

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    256MB total divided by 3 slots equals 85.3MB per slot, but they don't make 85.3MB modules so there's an error somewhere.

Does the 128MB chip work with each 32MB stick and show the right amount? If you put in both each stick by itself does it show the correct size for each one?

You may also want to exchange the new stick for a different one. Make sure its a close match to the existing RAM, ie. PC66 or PC100, Chips on one side vs chips on both sides of the stick.

You should also run a Memory testor once you get a combination that works: http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272468

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice