1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adding a other pcl usb 2.0 card to compter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dirtfarmer, Dec 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dirtfarmer

dirtfarmer Thread Starter

ok here a my problem i add a USB 2.0 and FIREWIRE PCI COMBO CARD (NEC® + ALI® chipset 6-port USB 1.1/2.0 & Firewire IEEE-1394 Combo PCI Card Kit)

but i still running out of usb port- i have a usb hub- with my printer connected to it, but ti tell me my printer would be faster if connoted to a usb 2.0
    i do but the 2 plug usb hub im use, may not be be usb2.0 useable

on my mobo i have 2 usb 1.0 plug and 2 other usb plug hook up to MOBO use a cable and one of the back plate a pcl card ) that one i will soon get rid of)

my question is i like to add a other pcl usb 2.0 card to my compter, i really do not see any problem in do so, but it never hurt to ask first- a card that has more plug on it-- like maybe 4 lol

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

You can stick as many USB 2.0 cards as you have PCI slots for into the system. I prefer the cards with the NEC USB 2.0 chipset, they are more compatible for me. I've had a number of issues with the ALI and VIA chipset USB 2.0 cards.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/530316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice