1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding a second page to reports

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by parisa, Oct 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. parisa

parisa Thread Starter

Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports XI and my report is printing out invoices and working perfectly, but on the back of each page I need to print out some information that isn't part of the database, just a text box (terms & conditions).

So first page will be invoice data, the back of that will be text, the second page will have invoice data if it goes past two pages, and the back of that will have the text.

Please let me know if this is possible or if I need to explain better.

Thank you
    Parisa

2. edhicks

edhicks

parisa
    I may not be fully understanding your needs.
    It sounds like the back of form will be static (ie non-changing).
    If so, why not print back page first? Print 100 copies, lay aside.
    When ready to print invoice, load preprinted paper (turned over and oriented correctly) into printer and print invoice.
    Is this close or is it way off of your needs?

3. parisa

parisa Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply, but the Terms and condition may change depending on the Terms of payment setup for each client. So I was hoping I could have a few text boxes and print the appropriate one depending on the client the invoice is getting printed out for.

If I put the texts in a sub report and put the sub report in the report header I can get the Terms to print before the invoice. So they will end up with a piece of pare with the invoice on one side and terms printed on the other side; bur does any one have any other suggestions or ways to do this a little more professionally?

Parisa

4. draceplace

draceplace

If you have a variety of Terms then then make a table for them and programatically select which one prints. Your idea about sub reports isn't bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!