adding a shared address book

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
R

ren

Hello

I have an NT4 network and each of my workstations runs microsoft exchange.
I thought it would be a good idea to create an address book that contained email address for all of our company contacts that could be used by all.

I am now not sure if this can be done.
My cunning plan was to place a personal address book on the server and point all users at it and BINGO there u go.(my users don't use their personal books anyway, I think its a little difficult for them)
But the personal address book will only allow one person to access at a time.
What can I do to accomplish my goal, can it be done with exchange at all?

Do you run Exchange Server as this would normally be done on the Global address list if not you would need to copy the file *.pab from the pc that you created the list on and go to each pc and use file import method. In itself very easy but no fun if you have to update it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online