1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

adding all the office features

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by chewie1012, Dec 24, 2001.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chewie1012

chewie1012 Guest Thread Starter

I have office 2000. Everytime I want to use one of its neat features I have to pull out the disk and have it installed. Is there a way to install all the features?

2. RandyG

RandyG

When you are installing, do you ever see the Tree breakdown of all the components? I am going by memory, but it says Office 2000, then the next branches are the various components, and each one branches out further down. If you click on the very top of the "tree" you will see several options, one of which is something like "Run all from Hard Drive". This will download everything for every component.

3. Raphael

Raphael

There are two ways how to do it.
    1. When you install you have two options, typical or custom. You can click on custom, and specify which features you need.
    2. Open the Office cd, copy all the files to a folder on your computer. Open the folder, and click on Setup. Whenever something new has to be installed, Office will find it on your hd.

4. chewie1012

So since the programs are already installed on my hard drive what is the best way to proceed?

5. Raphael

Raphael

Control Panel> Add/Remove Programs> Microsoft Office> Add/Remove>Repair Installation, click on all the plus signs, and click on all the items that you want installed, and choose to "run from my computer".

6. chewie1012

Thanks that worked. Now what do I do so that when I send an email the recipient sees the stationary. I sent myseld an email from outlook and when I am typing I see the stationary but it is gone when it is received.
    PS can you look at my post on networking and see if you know the answer to that one as well?

7. Raphael

Raphael

Chewie,

I recommend that you start a new thread so that others may join in.
    Could you give a little more feedback as to how you are sending you stationary and whether you are receiving it at the same location as from where you sent it?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62756

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice