1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding an item to the Startup list.

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by bilnrobn, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Can someone remind me please; how do I add a new item to my Start\Run msconfig\Startup list?
    (The item I want to add is a short program that saves everything you Cut or Copy, so you can paste more than just the last thing you Cut or Copied to your clipboard. Here is a link if anyone is interested. It is a free download).
    http://www.vega-tek.com/pasteboard/pasteboard.zip

2. BillC

BillC

Does the program not have a start at boot option in the configuration?

I think you can go to Start > All Programs > Start up > File > New and add it that way if it is already in your programs.

There is another way, but I too can not remember now; I've never had to use it. I usually go the other way!

The link you posted is for the d/l...do you have a link to an info page?

3. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Don't have a link to the info, but there isn't much of it. Here it is...

Q - What are the requirements in order to use Pasteboard?

A - Pasteboard runs under Windows 9x/NT/ME/2000/XP.

Q - How much does Pasteboard cost?

A - Nothing it's free. Pass a copy along to your friends if you like.

Q - Where is the file that holds the Pasteboard data located?

A - The file is called Pasteboard.txt and is always located in the same folder as Pasteboard.exe.

Q - Notepad can not load Pastebaord.txt because it's to large. Help!

A - Older versions of Notepad included with Windows can not load large text files. It's best to find a substitute text editor in this case.
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

When you launch Pasteboard it will immediately nest in the system tray.

A single right click with your mouse on the tray icon will display a menu.

The menu options are:

Monitor - Selecting this item toggles the clipboard monitor on and off. When the clipboard monitor is active, a document can be seen over the clipboard icon. When the clipboard monitor is inactive, the clipboard icon will return to it's previous state.

Audible Cue - Produces a short muted beep through your PC speaker (if your system supports it) any time a copy operation occurs. This item is also a toggle.

Open Pastebaord - Opens Pasteboard.txt loaded in your default text editor.

Wipe Pasteboard - Deletes the entire contents of Pasteboard.txt and truncates the file. This action can not be undone - Careful!

Help - The file you're reading now.

Exit - Removes Pasteboard from the system tray and then terminates.

4. BillC

BillC

Thanks...I was curious. I'm trying a free program called Yankee Clipper and yours sounded similar.

5. panzer999

panzer999

Just copy the file you want to load with Windows to C:\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Start up

And it'll load with Windows....

6. bilnrobn

bilnrobn Thread Starter

First Name:
    Bill
    Thank you both. I couldn't see the significance of the Windows\Startup list as it is different to the one you access at msconfig. The penny has dropped... (correct me if I am wrong), the former starts when Windows does, the latter as part of the boot procedure.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166969

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice