1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Adding AntiVirus protecttion to a web site

Discussion in 'Web Design & Development' started by sepala, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have seen some web sites with antivirus protection. They say "Protected by Norten","Protected By McFEE" like wise. I would like to know whether there is a free virus protection system I can add to my web site. It should check my site for virus regularly. So, if any of you know, please let me know.

Thanks

2. ehymel

ehymel

To manually check periodically, something like this:
    http://www.avg.com.au/resources/web-page-scanner/

To check automatically, it depends on your server platform (linux? windows? apache? php? telnet/ssh access?). One possibility would be to run your web content through a proxy server. I've never done this and it's probably horribly inefficient for a busy site.

Security is a lot more than just installing a script, though. You need to secure your site on multiple levels, from direct access to the underlying code to judicious scripting methods.

About 2 years ago my blog site had a malicious post that used javascript obfuscation to inject a bad-actor iframe. Wordpress has since fixed the problem that allowed such a threat, but the point is that I learned about it when google.com showed my site as being compromised. Until then I didn't even know google monitored this kind of thing!

3. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

Of Course. But right now I am seeking for a software or service for my future reference.

4. lordsmurf

lordsmurf

You can't install these unless you're on a VPS or dedicated server.
    Not possible on shared hosting.

5. sepala

sepala Thread Starter

ohhhh..That is a sad news:(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975787

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice